Thursday, May 12, 2016

Graceling

Bibliography
Cashore, Kristin. Graceling. Boston: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, 2008. Print.
image from: en.wikipedia.org

My Thoughts
This was a book I've seen go across my check out counter numerous times. A few months ago, I was at a teen event, and this was a "prize" I picked. The book came home with me and sat on the shelf. The other day I picked it up on my way out of the door because I wanted to have a book with me. Good choice!

This is the story of a Graceling--someone "enchanted" with a special ability. Katsa thinks her ability is killing others. She learns that is only part of it.

This book is part feminist tale, part love story. There's definitely a heroine's journey. I"m excited to read the next two books in the series, but I have to get the library inventory done first. I guess these will have to wait until summer.

No comments: