Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Changing the blog

I'm considering making some changes to my blog.

My goals for this blog:

1. promote books
2. give myself some reminders about what the book is about
3. offer some thoughts about the style, story, characters, my relationship with the book

Obstacles I sometimes have writing this blog:

  • I just don't know how to articulate my thoughts & feelings.
  • I mostly read books I like, therefore, my thoughts seem the same: "great book," "I enjoyed the story," "the characters are wonderful," etc. 

  • I think the reader just has to experience the book. 

  • I read books faster than I can blog about them, or
  • I sometimes take months to read (or listen) to a book, so it looks like I'm not reading because there's lag time between posts, or
  • I am reading several books at one time (pieces here and there), or
  • I want to read an entire series before writing about it. 
  • I forget to include pivotal plot points (see note above about the reader experiencing the book). I've found that I don't always include the scenes that readers may have wanted a warning about (such as a character's death).
  • Should every book I read be included?

Solutions: 

1. Quit the blog. (Nope, I don't like this one!)
2.  Just post biographical info, cover picture and make this more of a list (Then why blog?).
3.  Stop stressing about the thing and just keep doing what I'm doing.
4. 


No comments: