Monday, July 2, 2012

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children

Bibliography
Riggs, Ransom. Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children. Philadelphia: Quirk Books, 2011.

My Thoughts
This book is kind of creepy. Jacob has heard his grandfather's stories of living on an island, escaping death from the Nazi's. His grandfather's dying words give a cryptic message that Jacob feels compelled to understand. His quest sends him to a remote English island where he finds the old house that his grandfather described.

Last night I had nightmares because of this book! There are some very strange characters and occurrences that I saw in my dreams. Perhaps I won't read this before going to bed anymore.

I think this book would make an excellent movie! I'm not sure how all of the special effects could be done, but the writing has my brain seeing the action. This book is part action, part mystery, part fantasy and overall well written. It includes photos that the author claims are real.

No comments: