Monday, November 14, 2011

The Pioneer Woman Cooks

Bibliography
Drummond, Ree. The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Recipes from an Accidental Country Girl. New York: William Morrow, 2009. Print.

My Thoughts
What came first: the cookbook or the cooking show? Well, for me the show did. I started watching "Pioneer Woman" and enjoyed her personality and recipes. That's when I checked out her book from the library. WOW! I could "see" her in the pages. There were several recipes in the book that I remember her making on the show. I've tried them. They are good! I made a note of a few more recipes that I'm going to copy from the book and try. Can't wait to see how they turn out for me.

Because I like her, I'm now following her blog. She makes me laugh. She's authentic. She takes wonderful pictures (the recipes have step by step photographs). She's someone that I could easily be friends with, even if we never meet.

No comments: