Tuesday, January 15, 2013

The Royal Family

Bibliography
Greensit, Charlotte, ed. The Royal Family. New York: Time Books, 2012. Print.

My Thoughts
This was a quick read of the current Royal Family of Great Britain. The chapters are short and divided up by topic, including a brief history of the Windsor Family Tree. As I am not a royalphile (is that a word?) like my good friend M.A., I was glad to have the history. I wish that one chapter would have included the "rules" of succession to the throne and how (or why) the royals can change their names and titles.

The photographs are stunning. Some I've seen before, many I had not. Queen Elizabeth has aged, and yet has not aged. The old photos are as crisp color as the newer ones.

A book about the Royal Family would not be complete without mentioned Princess Diana. She has an entire chapter (something Camilla didn't get).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

ooh, I LOVE the royals!! I'll have to check that one out when I return the book that I already have!