Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Winter

Bibliography
Meyer, Marissa. Winter. Feiwel and Friends, 2015.
image from: www.marissameyer.com



This is the fourth installment of the Lunar Chronicles. I realized it's been over a year since I finished Cress (I'm seeing that I'm horrible about finishing series, as this isn't the only one I've stalled out reading).

It took me several weeks to steal moments away to finish this installment, as it is over 800 pages in length (so, it's like reading more than one book. Well, Meyer actually divides it into 5 books)!

There is so much happening in this book. I'm glad that Meyer puts in reminders of how things came to pass or why something is a way because it's been awhile since reading the first three books. I felt my heart rate increase as I read. I didn't want to stop, but I also didn't want to continue. I've enjoyed my time with these characters.

One thing I really liked about these stories is that everything isn't forced into a "happily ever after" ending.

What you will get from this book (as well as the entire series):

  • humor
  • romance
  • action
  • space travel
  • violence
  • social issues 
  • friendships
  • questions of right vs. wrong
After I finished this book, I immediately started reading Fairest, the novella of Queen Levana. It's a great backstory! 



No comments: