Sunday, December 4, 2016

The Omnivore's Dilemma

Bibliography
Pollan, Michael. The Omnivore's Dilemma: The Secrets Behind What You Eat, Young Reader's Edition. Penguin Random House Audio Publishing Group,
image from: amazon.com

My Thoughts

Four parts, Twenty Two Chapters

I listened to this book in just a couple of days. This follows journalist Michael Pollan's pursuit in finding out about his food source. He discusses the industrial food chain, the industrial organic food chain, the "grass farmer" in Virginia.

Listening to this book made me more aware of what I eat. Where did it come from? How was it processed (or not)? What allowances of bad outweighed the good?

Pollan doesn't condemn. He just questions, and then questions some more. There's a dilemma in what we eat...there's no perfect plan.

I really enjoyed listening to this book and thinking.

No comments: