Friday, November 25, 2016

Queen Bees & Wannabes

Bibliography
Wiseman, Rosalind. Queen Bees & Wannabes. Three Rivers Press, 2002.
image from: wikipedia

My Thoughts
This non-fiction book took several weeks for me to read. There's a LOT of information in here, and I actually skipped some sections.

This is a great resource for parents of tween and teen girls. Wiseman covers everything from cliques, gossip, matchmaking/dating, sex, and getting professional help if needed. I found some valuable information/advice, as well as scripts to discuss these topics with my daughter. There are even "remember when you were this age..." tie ins. There are testimonials from teens that Wiseman works with in her Empower groups. I thought these were honest.

I found the first of the book most relevant and hoping that I can recall the advice when I need to use it.

No comments: