Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The Amazing Faith of Texas

Bibliography
Spence, Roy. The Amazing Faith of Texas: Common Ground on Higher Ground. Austin: Idea City Press, 2006.

Plot Summary
This is a collection of brief sketches of various Texans discussing their religion/spirituality/faith.

My Thoughts
I enjoyed reading and learning about different religions that exist in my home state. I've never heard of Christian Contemplative or Baja'i before reading this book. The sketches cover a wide variety of people from across the state. The photography is compelling. It is almost like this is an adult picture book. I kept looking at the buildings thinking that I've seen them. They are universal in many ways. Some of the photos did not have a caption of where it was taken (there is an index to tell), so I enjoyed thinking that the building was familiar.

I read this book in less than an hour. The text is limited to one page per person and there are pages without text.

No comments: