Friday, February 13, 2009

Barack Obama: We Are One People

Bibliography
Schuman, Michael A. Barack Obama: We Are One People. Berkeley Heights, NJ: Enslow Publishers, 2008.

Plot Summary
This is a brief biography of Barack Obama. There are only nine chapters in the book, and it includes many illustrations.

My Thoughts
Two things: this is definitely a juvenile fiction book and the author apparently favors Obama. This was a quick read of Obama's life, which is what I wanted. Since he is our current president, I wanted to know more about him. I didn't follow all of the media blurbs and campaigns smears during the election, so I hoped by reading this book, I would get an unbiased, objective look at who this man is. At several times, I felt like the author was a cheerleader for Obama or the facts of the anecdote were a bit slanted.
Overall, I did learn about our new president, which was the goal of reading this book.

No comments: